In this thread we will try briefly touch the topic of migrating to the UK and starting a new job as well as a new life. If you are a doctor or a member of the medical staff, you can easily look for such an opportunity in many specialized agencies. We personally have a great experience with http://www.paragona.com. Okay, let’s get started!
- Mentality – if you come from the country, when it is commonly believed to be impolite to even ask a stranger about the directions, you might be a little bit shocked at first. In the United Kingdom everyone is smiling and saying hello – even (or especially) when they do not know each other!
- Living conditions – it doesn’t really matter if are an IT specialist or working in the magazine. Sure, the quality of life might be slightly different, but having any kind of a job provide a dignified standard of living. You will not be thinking about making ends meet.
- Well-equipped hospitals – I work as a surgeon, so this is quite a big deal for me not to be limited by the necessary equipment (in many other countries in Europe it is still an issue). Thinking from the point of view of the patient, this thread is at least as much important as from mine – the healthcare in UK is among one of the greatest.
- Liberality – there is no poking at anything slightly different. You may feel free to wear what you want and not being judged by everyone around. If you come from a very sharp environment, you will immediately feel the difference and you might even discover some new style within yourself.
- Language skills – I am still not proficient in English, but I am trying really hard. I think that spending time surrounded by the native-speakers is the most effective way of mastering your language skills.
Those 5 points are just the tip of the iceberg. If you are thinking about it for real, just pack your bags and come see it for yourself. You won’t regret it!