Very often you hear that someone is losing weight – exercising regularly and sticking to a diet. However, these people rarely admit to using supplementation to support weight loss.
In our society, it is perceived negatively as unnecessary to stuff ourselves with chemicals. Few, however, know that such supplements bring more benefits than harm, because pills treated as supporters, and not a magic miracle, can be a very good factor contributing to the achievement of a perfect figure.
What are supplements?
Slimming supplements are the most frequently purchased over-the-counter medications in recent years. They allow you to effectively supplement and enrich the diet with additional ingredients, e.g. magnesium, protein, omega 3 acids and many others, which are naturally lacking in the human body.
Types of supplements
Modern medicine has introduced many different supplements to the market, but among those that have long been available for weight loss, the following can be distinguished:
- Supplements that suppress appetite. Weight gain is often caused by the fact that you cannot give up bad eating habits. The use of this supplementation allows you to significantly reduce the appetite, and thus reduce the number of calories consumed.
- Supplements that block the absorption of fats and carbohydrates. One tablet is said to block the absorption of up to 1/3 of the fats and carbohydrates consumed. However, in order to make this possible, it is worth remembering that these supplements should be used simultaneously with diet and training, and in addition, bear in mind that the use of this type of supplement may lead to a deficiency of vitamins A, D, E, K and other soluble in these ingredients. nutritional.
- Supplements that accelerate the metabolism. This type is one of the more popular because it supports metabolism. These pills have the most natural composition, as they most often contain green tea extract or citrus fruit extracts.
- Supplements supporting fat burning. The last type of supplementation is intended mainly for physically active people. The so-called fat burners only work when they are combined with regular exercise. When enzymes are produced during movement, the ingredients in the pills accelerate the process of shedding body fat.
Which Supplements to Avoid?
The key to success in proper supplementation is to pay attention to their composition. Some brands launch products with a purely marketing response so that people buy their dream of a perfect body, not mineral-rich products.
Avoid supplements containing, among others sibutramine, ephedrine, linoleic acid, chitosan, or large amounts of caffeine (it is worth adding that in most supplements, caffeine is the main ingredient, which is fine, but in some products, it is added excessively, which can harm the body).
Which supplements to use?
It is said that it is best to start with the weakest fat burners possible and increase their doses over time. Thanks to this, they will work properly in the body, and the effects will be quickly visible.
The best ingredients in weight loss supplements use:
- thermogenesis, which is designed to burn calories by increasing body temperature and stimulating the body to endurance exercises during training. In addition, this ingredient accelerates the metabolism and the breakdown of fat;
- lipolysis, an enzymatic process of hydrolytic decomposition with the adrenaline hormone. This process, stimulated by specific ingredients, increases body temperature in a much greater amount than thermogenesis, thanks to which it releases energy and stimulates the work of muscles during exercise.
The ideal in the form of omega 3 acid
Many people are afraid of taking weight loss supplements because their misuse can lead to many side effects, such as diarrhoea, vomiting, over-agitation, heart rhythm disturbances and stroke.
Therefore, people starting their adventure with physical activity and supplementation are recommended all products based on omega 3 fatty acids.
Their use is not only the safest but also fulfils all the functions of the types of supplementation described above. It is known that not so much, but thanks to this function, they are also suitable for people who do not practice sports and want to add nutrients to the body on a daily basis.
As you can see, slimming supplementation is not as bad, as it may seem – as long, as one follows the rules of supplementation, takes care of training and a balanced diet. People using it correctly and reasonably enjoy a great figure and good health. However, it must not be forgotten that the greatest work has to be done by a person thanks to exercise and diet, but if one wants to see the effects of work faster, which motivate to action, a little help will never hurt.